My husband and I think of our house as a gift from God, and these two verses remind us of how special it is to be able to offer the gift of hospitality to others. The two verses I chose are:
Hebrews 13:2 "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."
Matthew 25:40 "And the King will answer them, 'I assure you: Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"
Here's how I took these verses and made them into pieces of art that I could display in my home:
1. I bought 2 frames that were on clearance at my local craft store. (The frames were 14" x 14", so they held a piece of 12" x 12" art.)
2. I painted the frames navy blue to match the rest of my living room.
3. I printed out my verses on card stock, using a variety of different fonts for each word or phrase. Then I cut them into pieces and arranged them on a piece of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper.
4. I filled in blank spaces in my design with patterned paper- coral to match the navy-and-coral theme of my living room.
5. All that was left was to put the completed scrapbook pages in their frames and hang them on the wall. I love how they turned out!
I hope I've given you some ideas for some easy (and inexpensive!) decorating in your own space.