Yup, 62 pages. I think I literally laughed out loud. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea: record your baby's first words, first steps, first time they make the "J" sound, first time you cut their left thumbnail. . .
OK maybe not that crazy, but 62 pages is a lot of space to record baby memories. And I can't be the only one who just doesn't have time for that! And you know what? I don't feel guilty at all for not keeping a baby book. Because I discovered a MUCH easier, and MUCH less time-consuming way to record the important dates and memories without making myself crazy.
Introducing: the baby calendar!
1. It takes very little time to keep updated. You hang the calendar up, and every couple of days, you write down a few notes about what your baby has been up to. I write things like, "You tried grapes today and loved them" or "Accidentally hit Mom in the face- gave her a bloody nose!" And yes, that actually happened. Seriously, though, it takes me about 30 seconds to keep this calendar updated. WAY better than a baby book!
2. Stickers. There are a bunch of stickers in the back, with stuff like "Visit grandparents" and "First steps" which makes it even easier to update this calendar.
3. It's designed to be taken apart. Each page is exactly 12x12 inches, so when the year is over, you can easily put it in a scrapbook and tuck it away. If you know me at all, you know I'm a bit of a clutter-phobic, so this handy little feature was the thing that sold me!
4. It's generational. A year ago, I didn't even know these baby calendars existed, but apparently they've been around for a long time, because I found out that my mom kept one for me when I was a baby! She gave it to me when Emma was born, and I hung them up right next to each other.
I have been having way too much fun comparing my daughter's milestones to my own baby accomplishments. Turns out we both liked to drink bathwater from a cup at 8 months old!
5. There is space to attach monthly photos. You know how everyone takes pictures of their babies every month now? OK, I do it too. It's actually really fun. :) Well, this calendar gives you a great spot to display those photos!
This is Emma on her 3-month "birthday." At my baby shower, one of my friends gave me hand-painted onesies with the numbers 1-12. (Isn't she incredibly creative and talented???)
And that's it! It's fun, it's easy, and I have no baby book guilt! If you're thinking about getting one of these calendars for yourself (or buying one for a friend- they make great baby shower gifts!) check out the link below.
Note: This is an affiliate link, which means that if you decide to make a purchase, at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission. Check out my disclosure policy here.
Link to: Jill McDonald Kids First Year Keepsake Calendar, Alphabet Animals